Gail is qualified Data Protection Practitioner and holds both a BCL and a BSC from UCC. Having worked for over 20 years in the area of legal compliance, Gail has significant experience drafting data protection policies and contracts. She is also a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Gail has worked as a Privacy Consultant for companies of all sizes identifying risk and ensuring company contracts, policies and procedures are adequate and up to date. Her approach is designed to tackle all elements required to establish a full data protection compliance programme and includes data audits and drafting client procedures, protocols and policy documentation. She regularly undertakes reviews of client processes such as cross-border data transfers and data processing agreements and is adept at delivering all aspects of GDPR training. She can also provide advisory support, keeping clients up to date with key legal developments in data protection law.
Gail’s experience includes:
- Undertaking client audits
- Drafting client policies and procedures
- Reviewing client processes to ensure compliance with laws
- Training client staff
- Cross border data transfers
- Drafting data processing agreements and follow on negotiations
- Reviewing and analysing key legal developments in data protection law
- Conducting PIA’s and DPIA’s on behalf of organisations
- Acting as an offsite Virtual DPO and/or Privacy Lead.