- May 22, 2018
- Posted by: Ciara Murphy
- Category: Consulting, Innovation, Marketing
Marketing is a specialist area that demands high level, specialised skills, but many companies try to take it on for themselves, often in an attempt to reduce the cost of having a full-time Chief Marketing Officer. There is, however, a middle ground that enables you to benefit from the expertise you need without taking on a long-term contract.
Here at ReganStein, we specialise in providing the expertise that your business needs to succeed. We have developed a highly skilled team of professionals who work on a flexible basis to fill skills gaps for a variety of businesses. Top level professionals are choosing to work in this way as it enables them to create a challenging and varied career with a high level of flexibility and reward.
Finding A Flexible Chief Marketing Officer
The role of the Chief Marketing Officer is an excellent role to outsource, since it allows a business to access high level skills and experience when these are needed for a fixed period or a specific project. Consider the following to help you to recruit the right CMO for your business:
1. Find a specialist. The skill set you require will depend on the unique set up of your business, so ensure that you know exactly what you are looking for before you begin your search. If you are looking for someone to create a watertight digital marketing strategy for you, for example, an expert in advertising or sales will not be ideal for this purpose.
2. Embrace a new perspective. An experienced CMO will bring an integrated marketing view to your existing set up, and can work with you to create a blend of strategies that will meet your needs. This will usually involve different media platforms, and may involve campaigns as well as ongoing marketing provision.
3. Focus on specialist tools. If you want a specialist, you need to be sure that he or she will perform for you, so ask questions and seek out references that ensure your CMO has experience of – and access to – the best marketing and social media tools and software. A proven track record is a valuable asset, and a good CMO will be able to demonstrate where he or she has been instrumental in effecting change in previous roles.
4. Get expert help. Here at ReganStein, we’ve done most of the hard work for you by creating a team of highly skilled experts who can bring huge benefits to your business. We’ll handle all the details and find the best professional to work with you and your team, arrange meetings with you and set you both up to succeed in your new partnership.
Are You Seeking New Opportunities As A Skilled Professional?
Have you ever thought about a flexible career where you can create a more positive work-life balance? If you have the ability to hit the ground running and deliver successful project outcomes, as well as a unique skill set and comprehensive knowledge of your industry, you could become a key part of our team.
ReganStein offers you the opportunity to work with highly skilled professionals who can provide your business with the expertise and specialist skills you need. If you’re not already outsourcing, we can help you to make the most of this dynamic new way to work. Find out more by contacting us at [email protected].