“The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger–but recognize the opportunity. ”
John F. Kennedy
ReganStein and the Leading Edge Group have a wealth of experience in dealing with crisis management for our clients during the group’s 25 years in business.
We can help you take immediate control of the crisis situation, stabilise your business, and accelerate recovery.
Our 90 strong panel of consultants from Ireland, Canada and Australia have a broad range of skillsets in which to coach, train and facilitate clients in a crisis including specific project management experience of fast-tracked, multiple-workstream, multiple-site, high-budget projects.
The nature of our international training and consulting programmes requires coverage of multiple time zones. ReganStein can provide 24/7 on-demand support for your business.
We can assist you with crisis management in the following ways.
Defending – Defending against the spread of the virus
· War Room/Obeya setup
· Rapid identification of key resource constraints
· Developing a process for managing virtual teams
· Help with implementing government guidelines on social distancing
· Re-organising production and business teams into essential groups
· Review supply chain handovers
· Risk assess the supply chain
· Supply risk mitigation
Exposure – Management and reduction of detected on site cases
· Crisis avoidance
· Resource plan to cater for immediate quarantining of key individuals
· Contingency planning
· Maintaining cash flow
· Automation of critical functions
Recovery – Recovery of processes and business functions after detection
· Commissioning and start-up after process interruption
· Supply chain readiness to restart supply
· Managing the supply chain
· Metrics and dashboard creation to aid business understanding of the supply chain issues
· Development of new Business Strategy
Examples Of Our Work
Recent examples of our crisis management work across Canada and Ireland include:
- Supported the building of a Pandemic Business Continuity Plan for Tim Hortons Inc. – one of Canada’s largest quick service restaurant chains. In doing so, utilised the risk assessment, management and mitigation technique – Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) – with substitution opportunity analysis to identify risks, countermeasures and opportunities to effectively address a global pandemic crisis
- Streamlined and standardised eight (8) hospital pharmacies across northern British Columbia, Canada in the face of a crisis of staff shortages
- Managed an intervention at a company to increase its volume of product by 218% to cover a seasonal spike in demand over 3 weeks, as a result of shifting market demand and customer expectations. This was achieved on time and on budget
- Supported the successful transformation of a national energy company (largely reliant on non-renewable energy) due to the urgency of changing environmental considerations
- Undertook an economic/ cost benefit analysis of treating oncology patients at home, versus acute care, due to capacity issues in hospitals and crisis in our health system
If you need assistance or have queries about crisis management contact us here or fill out the contact form below.